FsPassengers Forums
import aircraft? - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: import aircraft? (/showthread.php?tid=4548)

import aircraft? - igor7111 - 08-07-2005

granted i may have missed this in the docs, but how do i import an aircraft from
FS2004 so that it is usable in FsPassengers? And when I start a new company
with the economic model turned ON, when I go to the screen where i should be
able to purchase an aircraft, why are there no aircraft listed and therefore how
do i purchase one?
any help ?

GB

Re: import aircraft? - pagir - 08-07-2005

To buy a plane is very simple:

1. Load the plane in Fs2004 like you do everytime;

2. Open the company manager in FsP menu.

3. There's a button in the lower right corner: "buy plane" Press it. You are buying the plane already loaded in step one (in its livery).

4. Congratulations, you're the proud owner of a plane in FsP

5. Enjoy!

Pagir

Post Edited ( 07-08-05 18:36 )

Re: import aircraft? - Ryanamur - 08-07-2005

You might also have to change plan and reload it before FsPassengers recognizes it as properly configured.

Simply change aircraft to another model, come back to FS2004 flight, change your plane back to the one you just bough and you're set.

Phil

Re: import aircraft? - igor7111 - 08-07-2005

thanks for the responses guys, but something is definitely amiss here.
i load a plane in FS2004 and open FsPassenger menu, choose the
company manager. but i don't have a "buy plane" option. under the
pilot heading i have view pilot flight logs, heal pilot, dismiss pilot,
reintegrate pilot and transfer pilot.

under the statistics heading, i have print stats, export flight CVS and help.

am i still looking in the wrong place? can't believe i'm not getting this.

regards,
GB

Re: import aircraft? - DanSteph - 08-07-2005

aaaaah... it's because you choosed a company in "non economic" mode
or you created one without economic mode....

look at "select active company" the setting will show here, you must have "economic : NO"
here...

just select one company or create one that have economicall setting ON and you'll be able
to buy an aircraft...

Dan

Re: import aircraft? - bushsimmer - 08-07-2005

yep, GB, once you created a company, with the appropos configuration, a company pilot (usually yourself), then you will have to go to
Company Manager, and the very option you will see is COMPANY AIRCRAFT. if you have not purchased any ac then none will be listed.
you have the option to buy the one you're in, provided your economic factors allow you.
when i start up a new company i usually start the first purchase with the default c172, every company should have enough money to buy a
c172. that way you can start working with your company, etc. for an airline start with a b737, doesnt have to be the default but close to it,
just to get you started working with the program.
happy trails, GB!

Re: import aircraft? - igor7111 - 08-07-2005

ok guys, thanks. sheesh, people this stupid shouldn't be allowed
to buy software.
GB

Re: import aircraft? - bushsimmer - 08-07-2005

GB, "stupid" can only be applied when someone KNOWS AND REFUSES TO ACT AS KNOWING. it is the twin cousin of arrogance.
you werent being stupid, bub. just needed some hand holding getting used to a brand-new prog.
ask dan help much hand holding he had to give some of us betatesters. once you get to know the prog you'll be teaching others how to
work its magic.

Re: import aircraft? - pagir - 08-07-2005

... and the most important thing: you've asked a question that many others could have asked, but didn't.

So, thanks for them!!!

Pagir